Game Design Mastermind Groups
On the Nerdlab Podcast I often talk about Mastermind Groups and their importance for me on my journey of becoming a better game designer.
If you don’t know what a mastermind group is, here is a short introduction of what we do, what we stand for, and why you should join us:
- The overall goal of this mastermind group is to grow as a game designer and achieve success. And we strongly believe that we can help each other on this journey.
- We do brainstorming sessions
- We playtest our games
- We share educational content (interesting articles, podcasts, videos, and other insights. Often as a response to a specific design question of someone)
- We keep each other accountable
- We support each other (e.g. to build momentum for Kickstarter, social media, etc.)
- We challenge each other to set strong goals, and more importantly, to accomplish them.
- We keep things confident in this mastermind group
And the most important thing: We know the games other group members are working on and care about their goals. As a result, you will get feedback that is very different compared to the one you get from huge but anonymous social media groups. Because we are willing to spend more than a few seconds to think about your design challenges.
The typical group size is 6 to 8 people and we will help you to find a group that fits your needs (timezone, frequency, etc.)
If you are interested to join our inclusive group of like-minded game designers please join us here and I will send you everything you need to know: