Today I would like to talk a bit about the highlights and pitfalls of the past year to derive my new goals for 2021.
If you haven’t set your own goals for 2021, I recommend you listen to Episode 8 of the Nerdlab about Goalsetting. In this episode, I describe my 4 step approach to setting goals as a game designer.
Looking back on the past year I have to make a clear distinction between my role as a game designer and as a podcaster.
I will start with the role as a podcaster.
- I’ve recorded 33 episodes
- I’ve learned a lot from this. The deep dive episodes about certain mechanics as well as the interviews helped me to broaden my horizon considerably
- Episodes that I personally enjoyed the most are:
- Digital Card Game Reviews and Deep Dives
- How to create a design skeleton (Episode 43)
- Live Streaming my design on Twitch
- Brandon Seeger (Battle Babies) (Episode 44)
- Kevin Ferrone (Starport) (Episode 45)
- with Jamey Stegmaier (Episode 46)
- Ed Rodriguez (Animus) (Episode 49)
- Bernardo Bittencourt (Ambal Tournament) (Simultaneous Action Selection) (Episode 53)
- Gabriel and Harly (DINN) (Episode 66)
- Frank Tedeschi (Goblin Teeth) (Episode 69)
- Why you should join a Mastermind Groups (Episode 50)
- + Growing the community substantially and helping designers to come together (6 Mastermind Groups on the Nerdlab Discord Channel)
- Complexity in Strategy Card Games (Episode 51)
- My Favorite episode:
Design Diary of our Game Design (Code Word “Duelist”) with co-designer Christian (Episode 68)