033 – Spirit Island and Asymmetric Game Design with R. Eric Reuss
In Episode 33 of the Nerdlab podcast, I had a great discussion with R. Eric Reuss about the design process of Spirit Island and asymmetric games in general.
In our discussion, we focussed on the following questions:
- How was the design process of Spirit Island?
- What is asymmetry in board games?
- What are the best asymmetric games?
- What are the benefits of asymmetry in board games?
- What are the costs of adding asymmetry to a game?
- What aspects of a game can be asymmetrical?
Music by Mathew Pablo